|Trips & Excursions|
To register for Senior Services Excursions, please stop by the Covina Joslyn Center or call (626) 384-5380.
Deluxe motor coaches and professional drivers are used on all trips. Preregistration is required for all trips.
1. Registration is accepted by phone (with VISA/MasterCard only), by mail (using the registration form in the City View magazine found on the home page of the City's website), and in person on an equal basis. Priority is not given to any one method of registration.
2. Payment must be made at the time of registration. Space will not be held without payment.
3. Cash, checks (made payable to “City of Covina”) and credit cards (VISA/MasterCard) are accepted. A $25 service fee will be charged for all returned checks (NSF, closed account or stopped payment).
4. Trips are subject to change without notice and may be canceled due to low registration.
5. Participants must be at least 18 years of age or older and 21 years of age for all gambling trips.
6. All trips leave from and return to Joslyn Center, 815 N. Barranca Ave.
7. No smoking allowed on the bus.
8. Special services (wheelchair accessibility) must be requested 30 days before trip.
9. “Member” discounts are for participants who have a current Joslyn Center membership, which can be purchased for $10 and is valid for the calendar year.
Trip refunds will be made if the trip is sold out and your ticket(s) is resold or participant cancels on or before stated “Refund Deadline.” A minimum six-week processing period is required for all refunds.
PALA RESORT SPA AND CASINO
With over 2,000 slot and video machines, 87 table games and 10 great restaurants, you are sure to find something fun to do! Participants must bring valid identification and enroll in rewards program to receive $10 slot play (subject to change). Moderate sitting and walking.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, November 12, 9 am-6 pm
FEE: $13 members/$15 nonmembers (Lunch not included)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, October 10
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS AT THE MISSION INN
Be a part of the annual Festival of Lights with over 2,000,000 lights and 250 full-size animated characters on display at the historic Mission Inn in Riverside. Embrace the sounds of the Dickens Carolers strolling through the lobby or wander on an enchanting carriage ride around the Inn. Take the opportunity to explore the many passageways and courtyards of this amazing landmark. Extensive walking.
DATE & TIME: Friday, December 12, 3-8:30 pm
FEE: $10 members/$12 nonmembers (dinner on your own)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, November 14
CHRISTMAS IN SAN DIEGO’S LITTLE ITALY
Christmas is a special time in Little Italy! Enjoy a savory lunch, festive dessert, visit from Santa and 18 blocks of holiday lights! While there, visit the museum, learn about the Italian Christmas traditions, and explore the shops and bakeries. The decorations and neighborhood Christmas tree will put you in the holiday spirit! Extensive walking.
DATE & TIME: Thursday, December 18, 8 am-6 pm
FEE: $55 members/$60 nonmembers (lunch included)
REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, November 15
“WICKED” AT THE PANTAGES
Be a part of the phenomenal play, WICKED! Winner of over 50 major awards, including a Grammy and three Tony’s, WICKED is the untold story of the Witches of Oz! Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. WICKED tells the story of how these two unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good. Before the show, enjoy an early dinner and shopping at Hollywood and Highland. Moderate sitting and walking.
DATE & TIME: Sunday, January 11, 2-10:30 pm
FEE: $110 members/$115 nonmembers
(dinner on your own)REFUND DEADLINE: Friday, November 7