The Covina Parks & Recreation Department creates community through people, parks, and programs by:
- Fostering human development.
- Encouraging personal growth.
- Providing opportunities for creative expression.
FALL 2013 Classes for Children & Teens - Click Here
REGISTER NOW FOR FALL CLASSES.
For more information, call or visit Parks & Recreation Department office 1250 N. Hollenbeck Avenue (626) 384-5340
The City of Covina Parks & Recreation Department offers over one hundred different classes each season. Classes are offered for every age group, from infant to adult, and include:
- arts & crafts
- fitness (youth, teen, and adult)
- special interest
- financial workshops
- academic classes
- arts and crafts
- and much more...
Classes are offered at department facilities and at several local businesses. Classes are taught by qualified and motivated instructors who enjoy sharing their knowledge and skills with the community. New sessions begin each quarter in January, April, June, and September.
General Class Information
To register or for more information, please call or come by the Parks & Recreation Department, 1250 N. Hollenbeck Ave., Covina (626) 384-5340.
Office hours are Monday-Thursday and alternate Fridays, 10 am-5:45 pm.
- Preregistration is strongly recommended.
- Registration is accepted by phone (with Visa/Mastercard only), by mail ,and in person on an equal basis. Priority is not given to any one method of registration.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration. Spaces will not be held without payment.
- Cash, checks (made payable to “City of Covina”), and credit cards (Visa/Mastercard) are accepted.
- Late registration may be accepted up to the second class meeting if space permits. Fee will not be prorated if registering late.
- Location of classes, times and session dates are subject to change without notice.
- Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for all returned checks (NSF, closed account, stopped payment.)
- There is a minimum six-week processing period for all refunds.
- If class is full or canceled by the City, a full refund will be issued.
- Refunds must be requested before the second class meeting and will be prorated for classes that have taken place. No refunds will be issued for material fees.
- Please see individual instructors for holiday schedules.
NOTE TO PARENTS OF CHILD PARTICIPANTS:
A consent form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian before a child can participate in any class. If someone other than a parent will be bringing a child to register at the first day of class, the mail-in registration form must be signed by the parent or legal guardian and brought with the child to class. For mail-in registration form, click here.
The Parks & Recreation Department is always looking for new and interesting classes to add to its schedule.
If you are a qualified and motivated instructor who would like to share
your knowledge and skills with the community, please click here.